Breaking: UCF QB McKenzie Milton announced on his Instagram that he is transferring
- Chris Wolf
- Dec 3, 2020
- 2 min read
There is some sad news coming out of Knight Nation this morning. Star UCF QB McKenzie Milton announced on his Instagram that he will transfer from the school after being with the program for five years.
"I will be entering the transfer portal and playing my last year of college football elsewhere," Milton said in his Instagram post.
Milton loved every second of his time at UCF.
"These past five years at UCF have been nothing but a blessing, and I am grateful for every second of it. To my teammates and coaches... thank you guys for all the memories and having my back through thick and thin. Thank you to our Athletics Director Danny White for taking charge and leading us to where we are as a football team and athletic program as a whole," Milton said in his Instagram post.
During his tenure at UCF, he threw for 8,683 yards, 72 touchdowns and just 22 interceptions. He won his last 23 starts with the team including the 2017 AAC championship over the Memphis Tigers and a Peach Bowl victory over the Auburn Tigers to complete a 13-0 season. Milton finished 8th in the Heisman voting in 2017 getting four of the first-place votes after throwing for over 4,000 yards and 37 touchdowns.
Milton missed the last two seasons with a devastating leg injury that he suffered against USF back in 2018. There was concern that he may never play again, and there was even concern that he would never walk again. He was able to prove half of that wrong as he is able to walk and run under his own power. Now, he is looking to play football again next season.
Milton wants to let Knight Nation that UCF will always be in his heart.
"I may be suiting up in different colors, but I'll always bleed Black and Gold."
Comments